Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pants and slow-learnin'

The Pants child has been pulling up on things for a couple weeks now.  I have got to say, this is one of the most stressful times for me. He is terrible at it. He is like a little jenga tower, he won't be up long, and it doesn't take much to knock him over. 

The problem is that he has a skewed view of his talent here. He thinks he is the most bad-ass stander-upper anywhere. He uses walls, doors, the piano bench, end tables, baby gate, his baby swing, dining room chairs, the changing table, his crib, the oven, laundry baskets, you name it, he pulls up on it. Once he gets up, there is no good way to get down. Its either a bonk, or I have to help him.  I try to help him bend his little legs to show him how to get down...but Pants is not so much with the learnin'. Could be why he used the end table drawer three times in a row, cried everytime it pulled out and he fell over backwards.  Sigh. 

I think we are going to have to get our pack and play out, and keep him corralled.  There is just no way I can be present every single second. I have to pee, I have to eat, I blink. I do believe that he needs to learn his limits, and I don't want to discourage exploring, but I think I need to know that he is safe sometimes when I cannot give him my undivided attention. I haven't been able to poop in 3 days....its crazy. Or shower. I have to wait until TJ gets home to do anything. 

I am excited for him to be sturdy on his feet.  With the house properly baby-proofed, he will be good to go. I just hope we both make it until then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment