Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Notorious Nineteen

Time for another book review!

This time its Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich.

Um.....

I'm torn. Part of me is the loyal reader who loves this series - and the other part of me is freaking bored.

There isn't a point in my running down the plot for you. If you have read any of the other 18 books you know exactly what happens here. Cars blow up, Stephanie is caught between Joe and Ranger, Bob still eats everything, Lula's spandex is too tight, and Rex is still alive. How in the hell does a hamster live this long??

Look - the series is funny. Its fluff. But it used to be GOOD. My favorite was Hard Eight - which was hysterical and Stephanie and Ranger slept together. So I went back and just read the descriptions for all the books on Goodreads - and I realized that not a damn thing has actually happened since then.

I will continue to read these books as long as she writes them - but only because I feel like I have to at this point. I feel like I need to know if any thing is going to get resolved. I really hope that the 20th book is the final one - and Stephanie and Joe either shit or get off the pot. I want them to get a house and a kid - I want Lula to learn to dress, Rex to die, Vinnie to get divorced and close up shop, and all of these characters to actually have to move on with their lives. I am bored with it - I can't even imagine how bored they must be.

No comments:

Post a Comment